Lampasas Association for the Arts (LAFTA), whose mission is “Expanding opportunities for everyone to experience the arts”, will be celebrating its ninth annual Art in the Park event in the Hanna Springs Sculpture Garden at Campbell Park in Lampasas on Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Scheduled events for the day include:
- Unveiling of "Badgers - Sign of the Times" a piece by Michael Kuehne's Lampasas Middle School 6th grade art students.This piece will only be on display Saturday, April 26.
- Display of multiple untitled plaster works by Michael Kuehne's Lampasas Middle School 8th grade art students. These pieces will only be on display Saturday, April 26.
- Live music by local performers.
- Dedication of "We Will Spread, We Will Cover the Earth...Like Air and Water" by artist Nic Noblique in memory of Stephanie Leigh Gradel.
- Art Activities for children of all ages with the theme "Taking Something Old/Used Being Turned into Something New" in honor of our Encore Exhibit "Music To My Ears" by artist Terry Jones.
The 2014 Art in the Park event is free to any and all who attend. Light refreshments will be available at Noon. Snow cones will be available for purchase throughout the day.The Hanna Springs Sculpture Garden at Campbell Park is located at 501 East North Avenue, two blocks from the Historical Downtown District of Lampasas.